- Student must be attending or planning to attend within one year, one of the following universities: BYU – Idaho; BYU – Hawaii; BYU – Provo; Southern Virginia University; The University of Utah; Utah State University; Utah Valley University; or Weber State University.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis.
- Scholarship is renewable after a successful reapplication up to three times or until undergraduate degree has been achieved, whichever occurs first.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and abide by the scholarship agreement.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Applications are accepted on-line only.
- Each applicant will supply two letters of recommendation, a current academic transcript and a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Each applicant must submit a typed essay of no more than 500 words describing a past experience that has had a significant influence on them.
- Applications that fail to meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be reviewed.
- Scholarship applicants may be asked to provide additional information.
- Semi-finalists must be available to participate in a phone interview.
- An email will be sent to all students who submit a complete applicant letting them know if they have been selected for an award.
- A Scholarship Renewal application must be submitted each year.
READY TO APPLY
The application period for the Richard E. and Nancy P. Marriott Foundation Scholarship is now closed. Please check back in February 2018.