Now accepting applications for
The Richard E. & Nancy P. Marriott Foundation Scholarship
Now accepting applications through March 15, 2016
The Richard E. & Nancy P. Marriott Foundation Scholarship is intended to help defray the costs of obtaining a college education for deserving students. Scholars are selected based on academic ability and goals, community involvement, financial need, recommendations, and a student essay.
A Scholarship of at least $1,000 will be offered to student(s) planning to attend or currently attending one of the universities listed below. The award amount may vary by individual, based on the cost of attendance, financial need, as well as other resources available to the student. Scholarships will be annual grants. Students must reapply for the scholarship each year.
Please read through the scholarship eligibility and rules below. The link to the application can be found at the end of this document.
- Brigham Young University (any campus)
- Southern Virginia University
- University of Utah
- Utah State University
- Utah Valley University
- Weber State University
- Applicant must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll within the next calendar year at one of the schools listed above.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis.
- Scholarship is renewable after a successful reapplication up to four times or until undergraduate degree has been achieved, whichever occurs first.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and abide by the scholarship agreement.
Scholarship Application Rules and Deadlines
- Applications are accepted on-line only at www.remnpmfoundation.org.
- Each applicant will supply two letters of recommendation, a current academic transcript and a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Each applicant must submit a typed essay of no more than 500 words describing a past experience that has had a significant influence on him or her.
- Applications that fail to meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be reviewed.
- Scholarship applicants may be asked to provide additional information.
- Semi-finalists must be available to participate in a phone interview.
- An email will be sent to all students who submit a complete application, letting them know if they have been selected for an award.
- A Scholarship Renewal application must be submitted each year.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional information.
If you have further questions or difficulty accessing the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org