The Richard E. and Nancy P. Marriott Foundation makes grant decisions once per year in the Fall. If you’re interested in applying for a grant, please review the general eligibility requirements before submitting an application.
Applicants must submit their proposal and corresponding required attachments via the Foundation’s online application portal. A brief explanation of the process is included below, or you can proceed directly to the application to begin applying. You will be required to create an account with an email address and password.
Funding Request Guidance
Grants from the Foundation typically support general operations. From 2013-2015, average grant size was $10,000. First-time requests are advised to be in the $5,000-$10,000 range.
Site visits will be scheduled and conducted as appropriate to the proposal, organization requesting funding, and geographical area.
Grant Cycle Deadline
- September 1st: Proposals due at 12 noon
- September to mid-October: Where needed, requests for additional information sent
- Mid-October: Board of Directors meeting
- November: Notification of proposal acceptance or declination
- November-December: For approved proposals, grant agreements and checks mailed. *Prior to issuing grant check, signed copy of grant agreement must be sent back.
- December 31st: All grant checks must be deposited by this date.
All organizations submitting a proposal will receive a written notice regarding the decision on the proposal. Due to the high volume of proposals we receive, we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback if a proposal is declined.
All grants require a programmatic report documenting how funds were used and to help us learn more about the accomplishments and challenges of the organizations we support. The timely submission of reports plays an important role in the grants process. Organizations that do not submit a grant report for a prior year grant may not receive funding even if another proposal is submitted. All reports must be submitted online.
- August 1st (Following the grant year): Grant reports due